Sunday, March 18, 2007

Separation Anxiety

So because I am breastfeeding exclusively and have a mental block about pumping and because I am just sick in love with her, I haven't been away from Abby since the day she was born. She sits in her bouncy seat while I shower. She sleeps with me (I know I know). Sure I've taken the garbage out while she's napped or let Bryon push her through a store while I went the other direction with the boys, but I have never been more than a few feet away from her. Until Saturday.

Close to bedtime we realized we didn't have any chocolate milk, one of the necessities if you want to get the Ultra Lord, I mean Jake, to bed. So around 9 I got in the car by myself and went to the grocery store. I really had to check the backseat every few minutes and then the top of the car to make sure I hadn't mistakenly left her behind or left the car seat on top of the car.

So, while this may sound completely neurotic and obsessive, I think if you've had a newborn or been madly crazy in love with someone you would understand. I missed her in those few minutes I was gone, only 20 in all. I miss the boys too, but Jake just isn't that fond of me right now, and Sam thinks his Dad hung the moon. So, I've got her love to keep me warm.

All this to say that she starts daycare soon. Yes, the honeymoon is almost over. If you hear a loud snapping sound on Monday, April 2, it is my heart breaking ... for the third time.