Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Keeping Up With the Resolutions

I'm working on two of my resolutions. First, writing more. To do that I am vowing to post every day this month.

Secondly, I made this torte last night. And while I am proud to say my torte looked just like this, my photo did not.

But back to the torte ... Sunday afternoon I was reading Pinkalicious to Abby before her nap. And much like the little girl in the book, Abby wanted cupcakes. Pink cupcakes. Now. So I promised her I would make (buy) pink cupcakes while she napped. Her nap didn't last long enough, however. So yesterday I made the cake. When Bryon picked her up at daycare he told her there was a cake at home for her.

The first thing she did was run to the fridge, fling it open and stand on her tiptoes to see the cake. Even if it wouldn't have been good, her compliment would've made it worth my time. "WOW!" was all she said.

That said, it was AWESOME. Really. One of the best things I've tasted. I started thinking how I could make it again in pink this weekend for her birthday, but I think it's the kind of thing you should only have once or twice a year.

So Saturday Abby will get her pink cupcakes.