Friday, August 31, 2012

Keeping Score

So I think the first day of school went smoothly, but things started to slide for us on day 2. Tuesday Sam forgot his lunch so I made a quick trip to his school to get his lunch there before 1030 - yes, his class eats lunch at 10:30. Wednesday, Sam forgot he needed a white t-shirt for gym class. He didn't really forget, as much as he didn't remember until Bryon was dropping him off at school. Thankfully there's a Target around the corner.

Wednesday and Thursday Abby had "yellow" days for her behavior. Apparently she has trouble listening, following directions, standing in lines, poking classmates - the list goes on.

And then today, I couldn't find my car keys. Turns out they were in Sam's pocket because he snuck out to my car to get his DS. We realized this a little too late, however, because Sam was nearly at school. So at 7:49, six minutes before the bell, Jake and Abby and I jumped on our bikes. By the grace of God they made it. Bryon brought my car keys back so I was grateful to be able to drive to school this afternoon, except ...

My car wouldn't start. I've been early to get Jake and Abby every day this week so today I waited until 2:55. Great idea. That meant when my car wouldn't start I had to basically gallop to make it to school. Jake was a trooper but I practically had to drag Abby home. I made one last trip up to get Sam at the bus stop at 4:30, and I think I can say I'm done for the day.

School: 1
Romines: 0