Friday, September 09, 2005

Musical Beds (aka Feet of Fury)

Just when we get Jake sleeping through the night, Sam's nights get all whopperjawed.

Two nights ago he had a nightmare ('dogs, monsters and peanuts' he said) and wanted to sleep downstairs. So Bryon slept on the couch and Sam slept on the ottoman next to him. (I would've been stiff for a week. He woke up limber and refreshed.) Last night he shuffled into our room about 1 a.m. and didn't want to sleep alone. I pulled him into bed between Bryon and me.

Now, I don't really understand how someone so little can wreak so much havoc, but after about 10 minutes of swift kicks to the head, groin and kidneys, Bryon headed for the couch. After about 3 hours, I headed for Sam's bed (thankful Bryon didn't think of that).

So there we are, Sam sprawled like a starfish alone in the big bed, me in his twin bed, and Bryon on the couch.