Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Alert the Media

Maybe it is his recent baptism, but in the past couple of weeks, Sam has started asking a lot of questions about God.

One day last week he and I were home eating pizza on the front porch when a UPS truck pulled up. I frequently yell at cars that drive too fast down our street (I would throw things if I thought it would do any good and I could be assured I wouldn't get my skinny butt kicked in) so I wasn't surprised when Sam yelled at the UPS driver. "Bring us some presents!"

I told him his birthday and Christmas were coming up and if he continued to be a good boy, he would get presents on those days. "You know your birthday is in December and Jesus' birthday is in December," I told him. "Jesus is God's son. Do you know who God is?"

"God helps us get things we want," he answered. I was slightly impressed. "And He can fly," he added. "But Jesus is sad because God moved."

"Really?" I asked. "God doesn't live in heaven anymore?"

"No," Sam said. "He moved out of heaven to live with Jack Frost."