Monday, February 13, 2006

Mammories, Like the Corners of My Mind

I've had a lot of doctor's appointments recently. Nothing's wrong, just that time of the year ... and time of life I suppose. I had my first mammogram last week. As I assumed, it turned out to be nothing, and I already have my results back ("no sign of breast cancer or other abnormality").

I thought by telling Sam that I too had to go to the doctor, he would be less apprehensive about it himself. (Not that he is apprehensive, he's actually quite good, but ...) Last week I told him about the mammogram appointment. And today, on the way to school, I told him I had another doctor's appointment today. (Today's my annual gynecologist appointment.)

When Sam asked what for, Bryon leaned in and said "You want to field this one?"

So, I told him I was going to a doctor that made sure a mommy's tummy was healthy after she had a baby. Close enough.

"Is she going to take pictures of your bubs?" Sam asked.