Tuesday, February 07, 2006

One Man's Trash

This weekend Sam and I went to First Monday Trade Days in Canton, Texas. It's like a big garage sale. I don't know why I like to go because afterwards I'm always critical of the people, the junk and the food.

To give you an idea of the demographic at Canton - lots of people are riding Rascals while smoking. There are weiner dogs everywhere, and you can get just about any food fried. I've seen guns, saddles, Confederate flags. This time someone was even trying to sell an opened box of Lee Press On nails. But I keep going back. Where else can you find a dresser for $15.

At some point we were waiting in line for a Lemon Shake Up. I was shoveling KettleCorn in my mouth with one hand, and actually scratching my belly button with the other when I heard myself say "Hey Sam, they got fried pickles."

We left soon after.