Sunday, July 16, 2006

Dog Days

Lately much of our weekend routine has revolved around my 'come hell or high water' insistence at taking a nap. Today was one of those hot, lazy days where everything fell into place. For some unknown reason, for the first time ever I think, Jake didn't want to be rocked or patted, he wanted to be put in his crib to fall asleep on his own. Check. That put Sam and me in the big bed watching 15 minutes of Dora before turning off the TV and falling asleep. Check. Apparently Bryon crashed on the couch. Check.

Several hours later, I heard Bryon coming up the stairs. I think we must've looked a little comical, all splayed out like something the tide had washed in. Sam was upside down. I was stretched out so that every limb draped off the bed. Somehow it's cooler that way. So, after a familywide 3-hour sleeping spree, everybody got up to face what was left of the day. Still, I'm looking forward to my bedtime.