Thursday, April 19, 2007

Gross Story of the Day

There are a lot of things you don't want to hear your kids say from the backseat. What's that smell ... I'm not going to make it ... You left the car seat on top of the car ...

As of this morning I can add another to the list. We were almost to school on an otherwise uneventful drive when Sam asked "Jake, what are you eating?"

Good question ... We didn't bring any breakfast in the car and I know there aren't stale Cheerios or hardened fruit gummies lurking in the seats. (Bryon, the lover of all things minivan, has declared there will be no eating in the car.)

"Yes Jake, what are you eating?" I ask him by way of the rear view mirror.

It only gets worse when Sam yells "Oh gross!"

My imagination goes wild but Sam breaks the suspense.

"He took a hair out of his eye and ate it!" An eyelash I presume.

So either Jake is turning into a cockroach or he's vying to be a contestant on Fear Factor.