Tuesday, December 04, 2007

S&*#

Lately Sam and Jake really enjoy each other's company. They were walking down the hall together yesterday when Sam put his arm around Jake and said they were just like Han Solo and Chewbacca (or Chockalocka, as Jake calls him).

So it didn't really surprise me when we pulled into the garage last night and Sam was dismayed that Jake wasn't home from school. What did surprise me, however, was how he verbalized it.

"When are those guys gonna be home, for Christ's sake?"

I put my forehead on the steering wheel and thought for a minute before asking one of the most stupid and obvious questions.

"Sam, where have you heard that?"

"You."

Head back on steering wheel. Think. Think. Think.

"Sam, let's both work on not saying that. It's not nice and surely there is something else, something silly, we can say when we are frustrated, okay?"

"OK, I heard you say it. I didn't know it was bad ... Jesus."

Return head to steering wheel.