Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lothario

Last night Sam, Jake and I were watching a TV show about the world's funniest commercials. I should've known it would be raunchy when Kathy Griffin appeared as the host, but the humor in most of the ads was lost on the boys. And some of them were really funny.

In particular there was a spot for a cell phone (I do not remember which one) that featured a young, sassy wife sending a video of herself stripping to her husband's cell phone. Unbeknownst to both of them, one of the husband's colleagues was watching the video as he'd answered the cell phone instead.

I think we watched that commercial 20 times. Sam's at the age where he rolls his eyes and covers his ears. But Jake, Jake wanted to watch it over and over, and each time he realized something new he liked about the girl.

"I like her shirt."

"I like her hair."

"I like her undies."

"I like her bubs."

What am I going to do when he's a teenager?