Monday, April 14, 2008

Heavy

The screen in our side door is broken so I removed it to be repaired. That leaves a big, open square in the door, perfect for letting in great breezes and all kinds of bugs. Sam and I were on the porch this afternoon when a wasp flew in.

"Are you worried?" Sam asked.

"No, not really," I said. In all honesty, at this particular moment I have absolutely no emotion about a wasp getting in the house.

"What are you worried about?" he asked, either because he's courteous or because he's perceptive.

"Well. My tire pressure. Abby's recent sleeping. My foot. Felix the cat. Our house. Taxes. Medical bills. Kindergarten. Tonight's dinner. Laundry. The water main break in our alley. The rusty water in our tub. Your future. PMS. My e-mail addiction. Abby's diaper rash. Jake's eczema. My attitude. And maybe the wasp that just flew in the house."