Saturday, July 17, 2010

Waste Not

So Sam did go on his field trip Thursday, the one to the waste management/recycling center/landfill. He said it was better than he thought it would be, they didn't see anything gross and did I know that you could make paper out of elephant poop? No. I did not.

Jake, on the other hand, didn't enjoy his day as much. His group was too young for the landfill visit. They, instead, went to the Dallas Arboretum. Most people would prefer a visit to the lovely, fragrant arboretum over a visit to a landfill, but Jake hated it. "All we did was walk around and look at FLOWERS!" he groaned. And I'm sure he did hate it. I can picture him, slugging along, listening to a lecture about seasonal flowers, grumping and eye rolling and sighing.

Maybe I'll let him take out the garbage and recycling today. That'll lift his spirits.