Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye Hello

So I have been sitting on this new year blog post for a few days now in the hopes that I would come up with something funny, poignant and inspiring. But instead what I keep coming back to is the fact that another Christmas has passed. And now that it is all over there is the annual acknowledgement that the holidays can be messy, complicated and still merry.

Maybe as a kid all you recognize (or choose to recognize) is the merry. And maybe that is why as an adult it is easy to get blue around the holidays - because it isn't all merry. And managing the bad during this supposedly blessed and joyous time of year seems especially difficult. But life is complicated and messy. People are complicated and messy. Love is complicated and messy.

So rather than hope my 2012 is organized and peaceful and productive, I'm simplifying. My hope is that my 2012 - and yours - is less messy than 2011.