Thursday, April 05, 2012

The Birds and the Bees and Pizza Hut

Latey I've been a little impatient with the boys. It's not that they are misbehaving more than usual; it's that they have developed this sense of humor that I can't comprehend and find it hard to play along with. Imagine Jim Carrey impersonating Rip Taylor channeling Benny Hill.

Last night after Abby's "soccer" practice (I say "soccer" because she does everything but play - pick flowers, look for ladybugs, play hide and seek by herself) I took the kids out to eat. And while the first 15 minutes went smoothly, things started to slide soon after we got our food. It's a good thing we were sitting outside, by ourselves, because the Romine brand of comedy is physical and scatological. I was doing my best to ignore most of it because, after all, they were enjoying themselves. Who am I to say Gallagher isn't funny?

But I couldn't help hear Jake veer from "butt stickers" to "sex time with pizza." Say what?

So I asked him to repeat it and he did. And then he innocently asked, "Isn't that what sex time is? When you put pizza down your pants?"

Whatever gets you through high school, my friend.