Monday, December 31, 2012

Auld Lang Syne

So, 2012. Not my favorite year. It seems like I had my share of tears and stress this year. Much like the Christmas dinner leftovers, I'm ready to say goodbye to 2012 and see what 2013 holds. Granted, it could be better. It could be worse. But there's nothing like the promise of a new year to make the optimism bubble up.

But before I close this year, I want to remember a busy, festive and spirited December:

Sam's 11th birthday (my sweet, dear, growing boy)
Cheesecake Factory
Dungeons & Dragons
Grandma Becky
Grandma Fran and Grandpa Larry
Batman Live
Secret Santa
School parties
Teachers' gifts
Kindergarten sing-a-long
Eno's
Emporium Pies
Chocolate Oreo Truffles
Rolo Delights
Book Club Christmas
Christmas Eve Program
Sam the Narrator
Jacob the Shepherd
Abby the Angel
Mai's on Christmas Eve
Kindle Fire
Nabi
Lord of the Rings
The Hobbitt
Chuck Norris, the guinea pig
the Ukelele
Christmas Day snow
Dallas World Aquarium
Les Miserables
American Girl Boutique and Bistro

And now, New Year's Eve. 2013. Resolutions. New opportunities. New memories. More to come.