Sunday, March 24, 2013

Never Say Never

So we had a busy weekend, busier than any typical weekday. So much so that when Abby suggested we go see The Croods at 5 p.m. on Sunday I laughed.

"Abby, we're not going to see a movie tonight. We've had a really busy weekend. We've been out of the house since 9 a.m. yesterday."

"But you said we could see it today."

"I said I would take you to the movies if the church Easter egg hunt was canceled."

"But it was canceled."

"No, it wasn't. It was moved inside. We still had the Easter egg hunt. If I remember correctly you were part of the first grade team that cleared the dining hall in 12 seconds."

"But I only did the egg hunt because my best friend wanted to."

"That doesn't matter. Anyway, I don't think a movie is a good idea. Everybody's tired. I think we should have a quiet family dinner, watch a little TV and get a good night's sleep. I don't want Monday to sneak up on us unprepared. Besides, I'm getting a little tired of being second guessed any time I tell you guys no. No means no. We're not going to see a movie tonight."

All that to say The Croods turned out to be an OK movie.