Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Weepies

Sam had a doctor's appointment yesterday that ran over his school lunch hour so after his appointment he and I had a lunch 'date' at the Purple Cow. I'm not sure if he knew what the Purple Cow was (a burger-and-shakes diner, basically) but he was very excited to go.

Halfway through lunch I realized how enjoyable his company is. You know I love my baby Jake, but it's so great to eat (in a public place anyway) with someone who isn't spooning yogurt with his hands or throwing oranges at you.

So somewhere between that realization, the United Way commercial on the TV, the woman at the next table with four handsome sons and realizing our server looked like Joe from Blue's Clues, I started sobbing. Right there in the Purple Cow.

The good thing about crying at the drop of a hat is that I can also turn it off about that fast. So after a couple of minutes, I composed myself and went back to eating and watching Sam.