Friday, July 18, 2008

Like Mother Like Daughter

Abby transitioned to a new classroom this week. That means bigger kids, busier days ... and a sleepier baby. She's been sleeping great this week, contrary to my belief (hope?) that when she started sleeping in her crib she would miss me so badly neither of us would sleep at all.

But sleep she does. As a matter of fact many a night roundabout 8:45 she'll take your hand, lead you to the kitchen, get herself a bottle out of the cabinet and head for the refrigerator. One bottle and about 15 minutes later and she's out for the next 11 hours. This morning when she was still asleep at 8 I had to wake her up. I stroked her little chubby leg, tapped her bottom, "Abby Girl. Abby Girl."

She stirred a little, turned and looked at me, "Nuh-uh," she said, and went back to sleeping.

That's my girl.