Monday, September 21, 2009

Oink

Not to make light of it ... at all ... but Jake has swine flu. If I was honest I would say I think it started Saturday night. We went to a baseball game, and he was, well, unusually obedient and complacent. Then Sunday morning he woke up with a fever and a headache. After a trip to the ER and his pediatrician, we got the diagnosis.

I'm a glass half empty type of person so I can say with confidence that I will be the next one to get it. Because I'm a pessimist, yes, but also because he sneezed into my face, into my EYES, on the way out the door today. I felt liquid drops of contagion enter my eyes.

All this would be fine and dandy ... I mean we'll muddle through a couple cases of swine flu. Except that we are supposed to be in Toledo in 10 days for my brother in law's wedding. And everyone but me is IN the wedding.

Cross your fingers. And avoid any flights to Detroit next Thursday.