Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Treats

Our Halloween came together at the last minute. A week before I had found a costume - I had it firmly in mind that I would dress up - but of course, the day before Halloween I couldn't find it anywhere. Since I didn't feel like dressing as a sexy bumblebee or sexy pirate wench or sexy nurse, I gave up.

But about 30 minutes before we started trick or treating I realized I had all the makings of a "Rock Star" costume - a Harley Davidson leather jacket (1992 was a weird year for me), black leather pants (2000 was a weird year for me), knee-high leather boots, a black wig and our Guitar Hero guitar.

The result?


(And yes, I made this face and hand gesture in EVERY photo we took that night.)

Abby and many other neighborhood children were afraid of me. I hit several kids on the head with my guitar and I had a bruise on my shoulder from the guitar strap, but it was fun.

Halloween is crazy in our neighborhood. This year was no different. I assumed the combination of weather and a Saturday night Halloween would bring out the masses. Kids started ringing doorbells at 6, long before we were ready. And despite my efforts to give one piece of candy to each kid, we ran out of $97 worth of candy by 8.

And then came the best part of the night. We threw together sandwiches and chips, picked out a few pieces of candy, turned out the lights and watched Monster House.