Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Sweet and My Sweet Tooth

For Abby's birthday I bought those oh-so-convenient, individually sized ice creams so everyone could have their favorite flavor. Chocolate for Bryon and Jake. Strawberry for Abby. Sam and I share a love for Mint Chocolate Chip (and Cookie Dough and Cookies & Cream but that is a different story). There was one left over so tonight while he took his bath, I sat on a stool next to the tub and shared it with him.

It was a nice quiet moment, the two of us sharing ice cream, talking about his latest loose tooth, giggling about hiding the ice cream from Dad and Abby.

"Remember those mint cookies I made at Christmas?" I asked him. (I tried the Dallas Morning News' cookie contest winner this year and they were good - like Thin Mints but better.)

"What if you crushed those up in a bowl, covered them with Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, and then drizzled hot fudge over the top? Wouldn't that be good?"

He smiled and nodded. "I think that would be paradise," he said.