Tuesday, January 12, 2010

You'll Never Know Dear

Thanks to our family and friends Abby now has a kitchen well stocked enough to start her own bakery and rival Starbucks. Her favorite past time is serving cookies, cupcakes and coffee - to me, her dad, her brothers, Felix the Cat, Tag the Dog, her dolls, anyone who will partake.

Although she wasn't convinced it was her birthday - I think she thought Christmas was her birthday - she said she enjoyed her day. An early morning grocery run where we bought a stuffed monkey that sings Happy Birthday, a lazy afternoon nap with me, spaghetti and meatballs, presents and cake. Strawberry cake, strawberry ice cream. Cake so sweet it tasted like crunch berries.


Notice the spaghetti in her hair. And on her face. And her dress.

So Abby, here is where I try to convey how much I love you. I'm amazed at how sweet and tender you are, how you wake up in a good mood every day with a smile on your face. I'm tickled by how girly you are and how maternal you try to be with your babies. I love how I'd rather have a conversation with you than most any adult and how your sweet spirit pulls me through my days. I cherish this time we have - the hugging, the face pats, the cuddling, the playtime. Last night when I was putting on your pajamas you told me "I love your hands," and you made me cry. This morning at breakfast, you told me "I love you love you love you." Right back at you, baby. You are indeed my sunshine.