Friday, March 12, 2010

Penny For Your Thoughts

Lately Sam is into journaling. It's not a diary, he tells me, because a diary is private. His journal contains his ideas for inventions, which he wants his dad to copyright for him, and his thoughts on our family, our pets and his hobbies.

I am thankful he is willing to share his journal because he offers an interesting perspective. For instance, he thinks his dad gets calm by talking to himself. He thinks Abby is bossy. He thinks I "support" Bryon when he's mad and go to parent/teacher conferences. He loves Phineas the Kitten and hopes that Phin and Felix the Cat become fast friends soon.

Last night when I was flipping through his journal, he told me there is one page in the back that is private. I didn't have the heart to tell him I had already seen it.

It simply said:

girlfriend=Mia