Monday, March 29, 2010

Puppy Love

We were excited to recently find out that Sam's "girlfriend" Mia lives two blocks up and two blocks over. Last weekend we walked the dog past her house and said hello. Sam was all googly eyes and bashful smiles.

And then yesterday we were playing in the front yard when Mia and her brother Milo came walking down the sidewalk. Again, Sam was giddy. (Jake too, to tell you the truth.) They played for quite awhile, front and back yard, hide and seek, light sabers. A little while later her dad showed up and we talked while the kids played. I told him Sam and I would walk them home at dinner home. So about an hour later, we headed back to Mia's.

The whole experience was invigorating. Sam doesn't have many playmates in our neighborhood and since I have a theory that your friends are your kids' friends' parents, Bryon and I don't have a lot of playmates either. So between meeting new people and seeing Sam so proud and shy and the fresh air and the sunshine, I was a little giddy too.

But the best part? When we walked home, Sam and Mia walked a few yards ahead of Milo and me ... holding hands.