Friday, April 30, 2010

Proud Mama

As the kids get older the things they do that make me proud have evolved. You may be awfully proud when your baby walks for the first time or says Mama. You may swell with pride when your son is happy to share with a new playmate or sympathizes when a friend falls at the playground. Next thing you know they ride a bike or read a book or sing in a school play.

But with all that my kids have blessed me with, I have to say one of the happiest, most proud moments was last night when Sam took advantage of a penalty kick and scored his first soccer goal. He took a victory lap that David Beckham would envy. He chest-bumped and high-fived his teammates. They patted him on the back. His coach gave him an equally proud thumbs up. I don't care that his team lost ... or that is was the only goal they've scored this season ... for me it was perfect.