Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Renewal

Nearly every night, after the flurry that is dinner, baths, bedtime, I stop and wish that I had taken time to blog. I intended this to be a record of days for the kids, for me, for my mom. And I like to flatter myself and think that maybe one day the kids will read these entries and get a little insight into who I was, besides their nagging mother. But lately I haven't made the effort.

When I started this blog it seemed I had an abundance of things to write about. I still do, I suppose. It's just that those early milestones have evolved into bittersweet friendships, puppy love, academics, music lessons, reading logs and family vacations.

So starting tomorrow I'm renewing my effort to blog. I'd like to say I will find something in each and every day that is worthy of recording. But I know other things can get in the way. Sometimes those are worth recording as well.

(See you tomorrow.)