Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 6

Last Saturday morning Sam woke up queasy. He had eaten an early dinner the night before so I, thinking his blood sugar was low, forced him to eat some toast and juice. Toast and juice that came up several times over the next couple of hours.

Fast forward to Sunday afternoon. About the time Sam started feeling better, Jake was befelled by a headache and fever, which triggered his asthma. By Monday he was really puny, puny enough to sleep from 11 a.m. Monday to 7 a.m. Tuesday, which was about the time I got sick (and Bryon left town on a business trip of course.)

Conveniently, the boys didn't have school Monday or Tuesday but the very mention of school on Wednesday brought Jake to tears, and when Sam woke up with a sore throat and Abby woke up with a fever, I threw in the towel.

By this evening I thought we were all improving and then Abby started vomiting. I honestly can't remember the last time she was sick with anything. Tonight's turn of events threw her. She was confused (she thought she needed to throw up in the bathtub), apologetic ("tell Daddy I'm so sorry") and embarrassed ("Jesus doesn't like you to throw up.") Hopefully she'll get a good night's sleep. I could use one too, but tonight I think I'll be sleeping with one ear and one eye open.