Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Ditto

For whatever reason I am most affectionate with Abby. Maybe because she's equally huggy. Maybe because sometimes when you try to hug Jake he pushes you off and after awhile you don't try as much. Maybe because I assume Sam is too big for cuddlin'. But if Abby and I are anywhere together we are probably intertwined.

Despite all that snuggling I've been told I'm forgetting something equally important.

Last night we were in bed reading, and she said, "I tell you I love you a lot, but you only say it when I've said it first."

Ouch.

I am head over heels, twinkles in the eyes, in love with this kid, but apparently I don't tell her that.

So first thing this morning I gave all my kids long, squeezy hugs, whether they wanted them or not, whether they hugged back or not, and told them I loved them.