Saturday, August 31, 2013

Morning Person

I went to bed somewhat satisfied with the way the first week of school went. The boys ended the week with a very successful, spontaneous play date. Abby went to Grandma's. I went to bed early, thought I'd sleep in.

Then I woke up. And now I sit here deciding what to do first. I could clean up the three sets of breakfast dishes the cat(s) knocked off the table when they jumped from the counter and landed on boxes and plastic bags from a new Lego set, sending cereal, pancakes, glasses of milk and mugs of tea to the floor.

Or ...

I could go upstairs and clean up the vomit. Apparently, 'round midnight, Sam threw up. When Bryon came to bed he nudged me and said, "Sam puked. I'll clean it up in the morning." Which is really shorthand for "there is sour vomit all over Sam's bed and the length of the wall because he vomited from the top bunk and you know I'm not capable of cleaning up vomit without making the 'vomit face' so I thought you should know so that you can get up from a very sound and up-to-this-point peaceful sleep to clean it up yourself." Although I stripped his bed and started a load of laundry last night, I still get to clean the walls today.

So much for looking forward to my morning.