Friday, August 16, 2013

Pointing the Finger

So yesterday I bought donuts for Jake and Abby for breakfast. But rather than let them enjoy their donuts I grumbled about how bad donuts are for you and how we were going to shape up once the school year started. It seems we're eating donuts every other day but I can't remember when they had some fruit. And boy things are going to change in a couple of weeks. You guys are sure going to have a hard time when school starts.

And that's when Abby interrupted me. "But Mom, you bought them for us."

And she is right.

I bought the donuts. I didn't put fruit on their plates. I don't eat fruit. I'm the one who lets them stay up late and sleep in. I'm the one who lets the boys plays video games until their thumbs hurt and sleep on the couch and stay in their pajamas all day. On one hand, I want summer to be completely relaxing and enjoyable. On the other hand, it's just easier for me, isn't it?

So who is going to have a hard time when school starts?

I am.