Monday, August 07, 2006

Baby Steps

In the past week Jake has tee-tee'd in the potty twice. It's really just a fluke. Both times he's been futzing or crabby and in an attempt to distract him I've asked, "You wanna tee-tee on the potty?" Both times he's pulled down his own pants, crawled up and done his business. Like most little ones, the 'flush' is the best part. I figure if we can make it fun (?) and casual it might actually be easy.

Potty training Sam was no easy feat. He was fine with peeing, as far as I can remember, but pooping was a whole other ballgame, the lowpoint of which was holding him down, naked, on the bathroom floor to administer an enema while he screamed "Don't put it in me!!!" If DFPS was nearby I'm sure there would've been an investigation.

Now I'm not fooling myself into thinking Jake will be ones of those kids who potty trains overnight, but for a moment it is nice to imagine it might be easier with him than it was with Sam - at least until his next diaper change, that is.