Monday, November 06, 2006

Long Time No Blog

I'm one of those people who live from event to event forgetting that, as John Lennon said, life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. So, somewhere between the hot summer, my birthday, Bryon's birthday, a visit from my family, switching schools, Jake's birthday, a Halloween party, Halloween and today, the boys are several months older, the weather is signifcantly cooler and I am 30 weeks pregnant. I said early on I was going to write a lot about this pregnancy since it will be my last, but I have done just the opposite. I suppose I'm fortunate that there haven't been issues to write about. No concerns or problems. Just an ever expanding stomach, kooky appetite and gas (from the baby, never me), none of which needs elaboration.

Bryon and I have been getting along unusually well. Maybe because my mood is more stable when I'm pregnant (if he's reading this, he's probably laughing) or maybe because he's traveling a lot and we are both more appreciative of the other, or maybe because my boobs are bigger or maybe because, for a reason I'm suspicious of but haven't asked about, he's been letting me spend money like there's no tomorrow.

So the Romines are easing into Fall, trying to keep up with the parties and feasts at the boys' school. Trying to plan our holidays. And seldom talking about the little one that will be joining us in January. Occasionally when things are rowdy, which happens a lot as Sam gets older and Jake turns into a midget wrestler, Bryon and I look at each other like "and there's going to be another one?" but the majority of the time we are working toward this January 'deadline' that has no name.