Friday, September 01, 2006

Little Man

When Jake is sleeping poorly he sleeps late in the morning, at least I consider anything past 7 late. When he is sleeping through the night, which he is doing now since we gave up and moved him back into his crib, he's somewhat of an early riser. Not like Sam used to be, getting up at 4:30 so we could sit in the dark and watch the morning's financial reports, but 6-ish is typical. Today was such a morning. He now yells "Mommy. Out!" which is my cue to get him. This morning I set him up in the big bed with Mama, Mama, Oggy and Clancy and a bottle to watch Teletubbies while I showered.

I was a few minutes into my shower when I heard water running. I pulled back the curtain to see him standing on his tiptoes, brushing his teeth. I half expected him to say "Mornin' honey" as he scratched himself. (Not that I've ever seen a man in our household do that.)