Thursday, July 24, 2008

Just My Imagination

I have to admit I sometimes have a hard time playing with Sam and Jake. Games and books are no problem, but when they want to play 'action figures' or 'Star Wars' I can't keep up. I don't know if it is because they are 'boy' games or because I have no imagination.

Case in point. These are exchanges between Sam and me during a recent game of 'Star Wars.'

Sam/Stormtrooper: Lord Vader, what shall we do with these droids?

Me/Darth Vader: Dispose of them on Tatooine and when they lead you to Obi Wan Kenobi, kill him.

Sam/Stormtrooper: Obi Wan is already dead, Lord Vader.

Me/Darth Vader: OK then. I guess you can have the afternoon off.

OR

Me/One-Handed Stormtrooper: Don't shoot. I wish to defect and join the Rebel Alliance.

Sam/Rebel: Why do you want to fight against Darth Vader and the Imperial Army?

Me/Stormtrooper: Well, we work long hours and the benefits aren't great. Plus, Darth cut off my hand.

OR

Sam/Stormtrooper: Lord Vader, you are our master. What can we bring you?

Me/Darth Vader: Jack in the Box sounds good. Maybe a vanilla milkshake.

Star Wars would've been a very different movie had I been involved.