Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dora Does Dallas

Abby is a fan of Dora the Explorer. This is fine with me. There are far more annoying shows than Dora. And I have to admit the show is probably more appropriate for Jake than some of the things he watches simply because Sam watches them.

But ... Sam's a little past Dora. And since he's developed quite the cheeky sense of humor, watching it with him is like watching Mystery Science Theater 3000. (One of the best shows ever ...)

Case in point ... We were watching last night and when Dora needed to climb a tree and asked 'you' to find an item to help her, Sam relished yelling out "A lemon! A wheel! Peanut butter!" even as the rope in her backpack is flashing.

Then, at the end of the show, when Dora asked what your favorite part of the adventure was, Sam decided to answer: "I liked it when I took off my pants!"

And then, Dora's typical response ... "I liked that too."