Monday, April 20, 2009

If Not Now, When

You know how you might say you'll start dieting after Thanksgiving or you'll start saving money after Christmas? Well, I've been putting a lot of things on my 'when the kitchen is done' list. In no particular order, these are the things I'm expecting to happen once the remodel is done. (Bryon has cautiously reminded me that I have "a lot riding on the remodel.")

1. My whole house will become clean and organized.
2. I will become a better cook.
3. My relationship with Tag the Dog will improve.
4. My kids will eat better.
5. I will have time to read the paper with a cup of coffee in uninterrupted silence each morning.
6. My kids will enjoy nightly crafts at our new kitchen table.
7. My family will develop an interest in board games, which we will play at our new kitchen table.

Not that I'm a pessimist but it is highly likely that the only thing that will be done ... is the remodel itself.