Friday, March 20, 2009

Breezy

When I was a kid I used to rearrange my room every spring so my bed was near a window. I liked to be able to sleep with the window open. To this day that is one of my favorite things - sleeping near an open window with a summer breeze blowing in.

Last year when our house was painted the painters painted our windows shut and I have to admit, I panicked a little. Eventually they came back and pried them all open. And in the past few weeks I've taken advantage. Soon it will be too hot to have them open. Truthfully I would sleep with an open window when it's 20 degrees outside as long as I have lots of covers, but Bryon (and our heating bill) prohibits it.

This morning Abby, Bryon and I were all waking at about the same time. A wonderful breeze was blowing in. Abby sat up in bed and lifted both hands toward the window, like she was warming her hands near a fire, and said "Outside tickle me!" What I'd like to think she meant was "I love an open breezy window as much as you do!"