Wednesday, February 02, 2011

That's Why

Leonardo the Terrible Monster is one of my kids' favorite books. In it, a little monster named Leonardo befriends a boy named Sam who is crying. It turns out that among many other ailments and inconveniences, Sam broke his favorite toy, stubbed his toe, got bird poop in his hair and has a stomachache.

Today I feel a little like Sam. We are on day two of our snow in and it's quickly losing its charm. So, much like the character Sam, I am irritable and restless because:

My feet are freezing and there are rolling blackouts and we have no hot water and laundry is piling up and we have no clean dishes and I can't run the dishwasher and the thermostat says its 50 degrees in here and I'm trying to work under the covers in my bed and the kids won't put on socks and we are out of cat and dog food and Sam's science fair project is due Saturday and the kids have started playing with juice pouches and Abby won't stop sneaking potato chips and I have no idea what's going on in Egypt and my car window is frozen open.

That's why.