Friday, January 10, 2014

In Her Own Words

I think Abby's birthday was a success. Donuts for breakfast, lunch with mom, shopping with Dad (who surrendered his American Express card for a fringey blue party dress, sparkly blue tights and twinkly blue shoes), a rousing game of Headbanz with her brothers, and finally a fancy dinner out with dad. At bedtime we cuddled up to read a book of her choice, which unfortunately was the 1961 classic "Life, Love and Sex." 

But before she went to bed I asked for Abby's memories of the day because, no matter how I try to instill happy memories in them, they are going to remember what they remember. 

So, without further ado, is Abby's birthday, according to Abby:

When mom came in, I wasn't really dreaming about anything ... I woke up because I knew it was my birthday. I turned over and looked and there was my mom and she said she'd carry me downstairs or I could have five more minutes so I chose five more minutes because it was my birthday. Mom woke me up by calling my name and rubbing my back. She carried me downstairs and there was a donut with a candle in it and my mom and brothers sang to me. 

On the way to school my mom found a silly song on the radio and sang really loud about my birthday. When everybody was at school they did announcements and I got to go to the office and get my birthday pencil.

At lunchtime I didn't have a lunch but my mom showed up. She had a sandwich. I ate a cheeseburger and ice cream. I went back to class and did some work. I had to go to the office for a Band-Aid. My dad showed up to take me shopping. We went to the mall. We ate some candy. We ate Jamba Juice and bought clothes. When I got home everybody was celebrating. I opened my presents. I got a lot of things I wanted. I played with my FlutterBye fairy and Headbanz with my brothers. I went on a date with my dad. We ate pizza. They say happy birthday and gave me more presents. I came home and had cookies and watched TV. My birthday was fantastic. Next year I want a puppy. I liked that everyone was together and no one threw a fit. I didn't like that Jake was throwing a fit. 

I think my birthday was the best ever because my dad picked me up early and my mom had lunch with me and it was just the best time ever.