Wednesday, May 17, 2006

He Ain't Heavy

Jake's been quite clingy lately. Not necessarily to any one person, but when Bryon has him, he doesn't want to be put down or come to me. When I have him, he doesn't want anyone else. If you try to put him down, he bends his legs as if he knows that if his feet never touch the ground, he won't have to let go.

This morning he refused to be put down even while I tried to use the bathroom and while I showered. He likes showers. A few weeks back when Bryon was out of town, Jake showered with me almost every morning. It's really quite sweet. I hold him in the crook of my left arm, he nuddles my neck and puts one hand up in the stream of water, like those people you see in church with one hand in the air, eyes closed, filled with the spirit.

It's difficult to wash my hair with one hand and the water's usually too cool for me but it's become one of my favorite things.