Friday, May 05, 2006

I'm Your Pusher Man

Sam is crazy about mini chocolate donuts. I bought some last Friday while Bryon was out of town and Sam is hooked. Not only did he want donut after donut, but the first thing he said Saturday when he sat up in bed all rosy and squinty-eyed was, "Can I have chocolate donuts?"

I had transferred them from the bag to a bowl in the fridge because I left them in the car and they were melty. He saw the empty bag on the counter, all smeary with chocolate, and freaked.

"You! You ate them all!"

After I assured him that I didn't take his 'stash' and he saw the full bowl of donuts, he calmed down a bit. But at every opportunity - in the bathtub, in bed, watching TV, playing outside - he asks for donuts. And he gets this look of supreme happiness on his face when he eats them.