Thursday, August 10, 2006

Uh, Thank You?

I was walking slowly toward the open elevator yesterday when I realized someone was inside, holding it open for me. I picked up the pace a little and soon enough was standing in the elevator with an attractive lady from my office. The awkward silence was broken when she said, "I never thought I'd see someone more pigeon-toed than me. But I guess today's the day!"

Now, I'll admit I'm pigeon-toed. I don't have a problem with that. I'm even slightly proud of the fact that I can turn my feet 180 degrees inward. (I could never be a ballerina. First position would snap my legs at the ankles.) But it's hot and I'm pregnant and I shuffle, which means my 'condition' is more noticeable. As a matter of fact I trip several times a day.

But whatever happened to "How about this heat?"