Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Did I Actually Say That?

Lately Sam is intrigued by money. He likes to squirrel away any coins and bills he finds. Since he doesn't fully understand that $20 is more than $1, it isn't unusual for a $20 bill to go missing, only to be found folded into a teeny square and stored in a baggie in his backpack. I don't know where he gets this behavior - me, I don't hold onto money, I spend it.

But, whatever Sam does, Jake eventually does. So this morning as Sam was caressing the $3 I gave him for the Vacation Bible School offering plate, Jake screamed "I want a dollar!" So, I dug in my purse and found a crumpled $1 bill for Jake. Sam was very upset that Jake now had money - he thought he deserved another bill.

It was at this point that I actually yelled at both of them, "What do you think, money grows on trees?!"

Uggh.