Monday, July 28, 2008

Wii Wii Wii All the Way Home

I am not proud of the fact that Sam spent close to 8 hours playing Lego Star Wars on the Wii yesterday. On one hand I care deeply and regret that I even allowed it in our house to begin with. On the other hand it was a Sunday, during his summer vacation. Let him play the game.

But as he neared the 8th hour I told him, "Sam, you have been playing this video game all day. In the amount of time you were playing, you could have seen two movies."

"Two movies?"

"You could have performed open-heart surgery."

"Heart surgery?"

"You could have flown to London."

"London?"

"You could have read two novels?"

"Two novels?"

"I gave birth to Abby in less than 8 hours. You could have birthed a baby in the amount of time you've spent playing Star Wars."

"But I love Lego Star Wars."

"I love chocolate, but I wouldn't sit here and eat it for 8 hours. I would get very sick."

"Sick?"

"Yes, and I think after eight hours of Wii you could get sick too."

"I could get sick?"

"Yes, and one of the first symptoms is the need to repeat everything I say to you."

"Repeat everything?"