Friday, December 12, 2008

At Year's End

I've been struggling for a few weeks now with things I try to write about, want to write about. I can't seem to muster the interest or creativity.

I don't enjoy being one of those bah-humbug, woe-is-me people, bemoaning my middle class life with my good job and healthy kids. I should be enjoying this time of year - the excitement and anticipation of Christmas and visitors and time off - and I am not.

So for the next couple of weeks I am turning my thoughts inward and spending some time getting my act together. If you could sum up every New Year's Resolution I've made it would be to get my act together. I'm trying it again this year, a little early maybe. But nobody is going to change the things that bog me down so. Except me.

To my few readers, I hope you have a joyous holiday. I hope you are safe and surrounded by people and things you love. I hope the spirit of the holiday and the meaning of Christmas can help us all be thankful for what we have. And what we have left. I hope we can all face the new year with renewed hearts and spirits and minds. I hope.