Monday, March 09, 2009

Over the River


This past Friday and Saturday Grandma Fran and Grandpa Larry took all three kids so Bryon and I could have a night out with friends and some time alone to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary.

It was my first night away from Abby, and since I have such fond memories of my weekend visits to my grandma's house, I went a little overboard. I searched etsy and eBay and online and in stores for a little suitcase for her. I'm not sure why no one seems to make those cute, round, hat-box style suitcases anymore, but I was on a quest to find one. I ended up finding a ... well, suitable .... alternative - a 3-piece butterfly-patterned set.

When I went to my grandmother's I always took dolls and Barbies. Abby's not into Barbies but she loves her dolls so I packed several doll babies and their blankets, her favorite books, a couple of new t-shirts and dresses, a new pair of pink Chuck Taylors and of course, her diapers, wipes and bottle.

I know no one cared or noticed but I was excited to send her off on her visit with her pretty little suitcase.