Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Idle Chatter

One thing I've realized as an adult is there are a few topics you can talk about to anyone, just about anytime. If you find yourself in an awkward elevator situation or unexpectedly in step with a coworker on the way into the office, you can always make a comment about the weather, sports and/or your local sports teams, or your lack of energy or interest in the job you are about to go do.

Example. Sam and I were actually running early this morning so I parked and walked him into school rather than drop him off in the drive-through lane. He literally SKIPPED the entire way from the car to school. Probably 50 yards. I had to ask him to slow down. As we passed the crossing guard she said, "Well, good morning. Oh to have so much energy." To which I replied, "I wish I felt like that going to my job." To which she replied, "Isn't that true?!? But it looks like it's going to be lovely day." To which I could've said, "Sure does. Go Mavericks!"

Grown ups are fun.