Wednesday, May 06, 2009

A Typical Day

Jake was sitting at the breakfast table this morning, rattling off a list of complaints with his barely dawned day. He didn't sleep well. He didn't want breakfast but everyone else was eating. He couldn't find his Nintendo game. He didn't know where his favorite lovey was, and then he casually announced, "And, I just pooped my pants."

Turns out he did. A little stomach bug, perhaps, but whatever it was kept him on the potty frequently this morning. It wasn't funny, believe me. But I couldn't help but laugh at the informality of his announcement, like he'd just swallowed his gum.

Maybe I'll try that the next time I'm venting. "The house is a mess. The kids are fighting. We're out of milk. And, I just pooped my pants."

Puts things in perspective, I suppose.