Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Friendly Skies

So we are back from our week at grandma's. It has taken us about a week to fall back into our routines, but that vacation 'mellow' wears off much sooner. For me it starts to fade when I start unpacking. And then before you know it you are back in the daily grind and you've forgotten how nice it is to start your morning in a porch swing with some sweet tea.

The plane ride was about what I expected it to be. Abby was 'that kid' on the plane, the one that everyone can hear but can't see. Screaming, arching her back, thrashing and scratching at me because I wouldn't let her run in the aisle. But eventually she wore herself down and slept, heavy and sweating on my arm. Coming home she fell asleep almost immediately, which was handy when I needed to reach around the seats and bat at Sam and Jake for fighting. American Airlines, no doubt drawing on years of experience, decided to sit us in four different seats. But we are back, safe and sound. That's the important thing.